Young Artist Mentorship Program 2022-23
Burlington Symphony Orchestra is excited to announce the 2022-23 Young Artist Mentorship
Program. The Burlington Symphony Orchestra supports and encourages promising young artists
from Halton and surrounding areas by offering them the chance to rehearse and perform with a
symphony orchestra. We believe in the encouragement and cultivation of the next generation
of musicians and strive to promote the art of orchestral music by adding to the diversity of
opportunity within the community.
The Program is open to young musicians looking to gain experience in a symphonic setting.
● Qualified Young Artists will be selected to perform during the 2022-23 Season
● Those selected will rehearse and perform as BSO members
● Membership fees to the BSO are waived
● Young Artists will receive two free tickets to each concert
● Each Artist will receive a Bursary of $100
● The Mentorship Program this season is currently open to strings – violin, viola, cello and bass.
● Applicants can be a maximum of 21 years of age at the time of application
● Canadian citizenship is a requirement and the musician must reside or study in Ontario
Those interested should send the following materials:
● A brief page/resume describing your experience, current and past musical studies, music
teachers and any other pertinent information
● List two references with names and emails in your resume
● A link to video samples of your playing
Send your resume and recording links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put Young Artist Mentorship in the Subject heading of your email.