Young Artist Mentorship
Young Artist Mentorship Program 2023-24
The Burlington Symphony Orchestra proudly unveils its Young Artist Mentorship Program for the 2023-24 season.
Committed to nurturing emerging talent, the Burlington Symphony Orchestra extends its mentorship to budding young artists from Halton and neighbouring regions. By facilitating their participation in symphonic rehearsals and performances, we aim to fortify the next wave of musicianship. Our core belief lies in fostering and augmenting the musical talent landscape, thereby enriching the community’s orchestral tapestry.
- Eligible Young Artists will grace our 2023-24 Season line-up.
- Chosen participants will rehearse and render performances as integral BSO members.
- BSO membership fees are waived for participants.
- Each selected Artist is entitled to a Bursary of $100.
- Aspiring artists should be 21 years or younger at the application date.
- Applicants must hold Canadian citizenship and either reside or undertake musical studies in Ontario.
For this season, our focus is primarily on strings: violin, viola, cello, and double bass. However, potential opportunities for Winds/Brass/Percussion artists might arise; we encourage inquiries.